You might not realize that something you deal with on a fairly consistent basis is actually making matters worse for your sleep apnea. You put in the work, you receive sleep apnea treatment, you do what you’re supposed to do, but for some reason, you’re still having problems. Guess what? It could have a little something to do with your allergies. So, what to do? Treat them? Hope for the best? We can help answer related questions with our quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you suffer from seasonal allergies, it’s very important to treat them. If not, you may be making your sleep apnea problem worse.
- True or False: You should make sure to check out the type of allergy medication you take. If it’s something that wires you and keeps you awake, it can interfere with your sleep. If it’s “drowsy” it may relax your muscles and contribute to your sleep issue.
- True or False: Keeping your room as free of dust as possible, while wearing fresh PJs at night will help limit allergies, thereby helping sleep apnea treatment do its job.
- True. Yep, it’s actually extremely important that you do something to treat your allergies. If not, they could get in the way of your sleep apnea treatment. Keeping upper airways open will help you breathe while you sleep.
- True. Remember to make thoughtful choices about when you take medication and how it affects you, so you can avoid accidentally making matters worse!
- True. Do what you can to keep your allergies in check. Hypoallergenic bedding and other efforts will allow you to keep airways open!
Treat Allergies To Promote Successful Sleep
Ask for tips during visits with us to ensure you’re making the most of your attempt to address sleep apnea. To schedule a consultation, call our office today at (734) 425-4400. James Stewart, DDS serves patients of all ages from Livonia, MI, as well as Farmington Hills, Farmington, Plymouth, Northville, Novi, Dearborn Heights, Dearborn, Garden City, Westland, Redford, and the surrounding communities.