Assess Your Sleep Disorder Risk in Livonia, MI
Do you feel you or your partner may be suffering from a sleep disorder? There are a number of symptoms to watch for that may indicate obstructive sleep apnea or other common sleep disorders. Take a look at our self-assessment below. If you feel you may be experiencing the symptoms of a sleep disorder, then schedule a consultation with Dr. James Stewart right away.
Common Risk Factors
How do you know if you have an increased risk of developing sleep apnea or other related disorders? Patients with sleep disorders often exhibit one or more of the following symptoms:
- High blood pressure
- Chronic snoring
- Family history of sleep disorders
- Large neck
- Deviated septum
Sleep Apnea Assessment
Below are ten sentences. If three or more of these phrases relate to you (or your spouse), you may have a sleep-related breathing disorder that requires evaluation and treatment.
1. I am overweight.
2. My doctor says I have high blood pressure.
3. Friends and family members say I frequently snore.
4. My spouse claims I stop breathing during sleep.
5. My spouse says I toss and turn frequently.
6. I always feel sleepy, even if I get a full night’s rest.
7. I fall asleep at work.
8. I wake up choking or gasping for air.
9. I feel depressed.
10. People have noticed a sudden change in my personality.