Have you been wondering if you may suffer from sleep apnea? This is a complicated sleep disorder when it comes to self-diagnosis because many patients rely on information provided by friends or loved ones who witness the event. The good news is that determining whether you should schedule a sleep apnea consultation is simple. Wondering how to go about figuring this out and what to expect if you should need a visit? Allow us to explain.
Do You Need A Consultation?
We suggest assessing your likelihood of suffering from sleep apnea by considering 10 common factors associated with individuals dealing with this problem. If you identify with three or more of the following, we recommend you schedule a sleep apnea consultation with us right away:
- You’re dealing with depression
- You are overweight
- You have been told that you snore
- You have hypertension
- You move around, tossing and turning while you sleep
- A significant other has noticed that you sometimes stop breathing while you’re sleeping
- You fall asleep when you shouldn’t (such as in class or at work)
- You wake during the night, struggling to take in air
- You’ve been accused of seeming different or moody
- You frequently feel fatigued
We Will Discuss Treatment Options
During your sleep apnea consultation, we will examine you and determine whether sleep apnea is disrupting your nightly sleep. During this time, we will provide you with a more thorough explanation of sleep apnea, why it’s happening, and we will discuss treatment options. This will also be a wonderful opportunity for you to ask questions, so you feel confident about improving your ability to sleep through the night.